Tuesday 20 November 2007

Akil'Zon: Fight or Flight



Our Akil'Zon problem is concerning me. On Saturday we 2 shot Nalorakk and got Akil'Zon to 20%. On Sunday, after some painful wipes on Nalorakk before killing him, we spent two hours with the birdie and got him to 19%. To quote one of my raiders, it seems we lack that last bit of DPS and healing to finish him off.

On Sunday we had a Shaman instead of a Mage, which I thought would be useful for handling adds. We used our usual strategy of keeping adds under control for a few tries, then decided to go for all out DPS, ignoring adds. Both had similar (negative) outcomes. I've decided that this weekend I'll have our Warlock solely on adds and throwing the occasional DoT on the boss.

During Sunday's raid I had Aspect of the Wild and some Nature Res gear which I thought would make the difference, but we still wiped :( To add to my woes, I lost the roll for the Panzar'thar Breastplate on Monday :(

In general news, we downed High King Maulgar, Gruul and The Lurker Below on Sunday night. It seems Claw raiding is taking off again. Unfortunately, I only survived the Lurker, died during the other two fights. I've also realised I need to work on upping my threat during boss fights, I normally focus on surviving. Maybe it'll help at Akil'Zon, as the DPSers can do more damage before I die.






My plan for this weekend is for all the casters to collapse on to one caster (who will be standing at one corner of the square) when we get the warning 'Storm Soon'. This should stop us being ganked by Static Disruption with everyone crowding around the tank (the DBM timer seems to be very off). Stole this 'alternate strategy' from WoWWiki by the way :)

If we wipe four or five times, I'll probably head to Halazzi, the Lynx boss. I've heard (or rather read) that he is a huge pain in the ass and amazing healing is required, but it's worth heading there for the experience. The trash to Dragonhawk seems very annoying, so I plan to leave him until last.

No comments: